For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
Many people believe they can save a considerable amount of money by selling their homes themselves.
It may seem like a good idea at the time, but while you may be willing to take on the task, are you qualified?
Following are some questions to help you realistically assess what’s involved:
- Do you have the knowledge, patience, and sales skill needed to sell your home?
- If your Buyer is aggressive, ca n you negotiate a successful outcome for yourself?
- Do you know how to determine the current market value of your home?
- Are you aware of conditions in the marketplace today that affect value and length of time to sell?
- Do you know how to determine whether or not a Buyer can qualify for a loan?
- Are you concerned about having strangers walking through your home?
- Do you understand the steps of an escrow and what’s required of you and the Buyer?
- Are you familiar enough with real estate regulations to prepare a binding sales contract? Counter-offers?
- Are you aware that every time you leave your home, you are taking it off the market until you return?
- Have you made arrangements with an escrow and title company, home warranty company, pest-control service and lender to assist you with the transaction?
- Do you need to hire a real estate attorney? If so, Do you know what the cost will be and how much liability they will assume in the transaction?
- Do you know how to advertise effectively and what the costs will be?
- Are you aware that prospective Buyers and bargain hunters will expect you to lower your cost because there’s no Realtor® involved?
- Do you understand the various types of loans Buyers may choose and the advantages and disadvantages for the Seller?
- Are you prepared to give up your evenings and weekends to show your home to potential Buyers and “just-looking” time wasters?
Before you make the decision to try to sell your home alone, consider the benefits a Realtor® can provide that you may not be aware of:
- A Realtor® understands market conditions and has access to information not available to the average homeowner.
- A Realtor® can advertise effectively for the best results.
- A Realtor® knows how to price your home realistically, to give you the highest price possible within your time frame.
- A Realtor® is experienced in creating demand for homes and how to show them to advantage.
- A Realtor® knows how to screen potential Buyers and eliminate those who can’t qualify or are looking for bargain-basement prices.
- A Realtor® knows how to go toe-to-toe in negotiations.
- A Realtor® is always “on-call,” answering the phone at all hours, and showing homes evenings and weekends.
- A Realtor® can remain objective when presenting offers and counter-offers on your behalf.
- A Realtor® maintains errors-and-omissions insurance.
- A Realtor® will listen to your needs, respect your opinions and allow you to make your own decisions.
- A Realtor® can help protect your rights, particularly important with the increasingly complicated real estate laws and regulations.
- A Realtor® is experienced with resolving problems to ensure a successful closing on your home.
Only you can determine whether you should attempt to sell your home – probably your largest investment – all alone.
Call Team Bianco before you decide. You may find working with a professional Team is a lot less expensive and much more beneficial than you ever imagined!